Chinese people love the color red. The color symbolizes happiness and good fortune and surrounds all special occasions and holidays. Fire is one of the Five Elements, represented with the color red and is thought to ward off evil.
How to have your celebrations surrounded in the color RED:
The more red, the more happiness and good fortune. There can never be enough red. Happy occasions like a baby’s Red Egg and Ginger Party, or holidays like Chinese New Year, are especially surrounded in red.
- Decorate rooms with red decorations. Doors, walls, tables, ceiling. Of course, more is better, but make sure it’s tasteful.
- Eat red food. Lobster, peking pork chop, red bean soup just to name a few.
- Wear red clothes. I have a red scarf I bought specifically to wear to Chinese New Year every year.
How to fill your life with the color RED:.
- Red hair clips or bright colored clothing especially on children. If my daughters aren’t wearing some shade of red or bright color when we visit my grandmother, I will be sure to hear her remind me.
- Red front door on a home. Wishes of happiness and good fortune to anyone who enters and leaves the home.
- Choose a red shirt, car, linens, fruit, etc, to add a little more happiness and luck to your life.
The Dumpling Mama xo